CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 29, 2007

Harvest Party and Pumpkins

On Friday we had our annual Homeschool Harvest Festival. The kids had a blast, my husband came because I made him, and I (with a cold and a fever) sat around making foolish small talk with the other homeschool parents. The kids might have loved it, but for me... it was slow death. The things we do for our kids.

Here my 3 oldest kiddos. A mad scientist, a bride, and Marie Antoinette. Oh yes, and Genevieve, the stuffed pink elephant with more personality (and possessions) than most people.
Here is my little fireman. Actually he is throwing a fit here and doesn't want his picture taken ('cause real firemen don't do that I guess).
Just had to compete with Cindy's domestic sewing post. Here is a pumpkin I grew all by myself! We even carved it and saved the seeds! (They are rotting in my fridge as I write this). Maybe... I'll harvest my pumpkins and make pumpkin pie from scratch! Or maybe I'll carve leaves in it and add a tea light! Yeah right. I'll probably just do the same thing we did last year. PUMPKIN SMASHING! The perfect sport for slightly deranged housewives and their rowdy children.

8 comments:

javamamma said...

Oh man. I'm gonna miss out on the pumpkin smashing. We plant 6 - yes that's SIX- pumpkin plants. Not ONE of them survived. How's that for domestic? Too bad because pumpkin smashing sounds fab.

Christin said...

Yeah, I still have my pumpkin seeds from last year. They sat patiently awaiting their time to be planted ALL YEAR. But nope. Never got around to it.

Oh wait! I DON'T have them anymore. I seriously JUST remembered...I threw them suckers away last week. Oh well. I guess I can come to your pumpkin smashing and gather more seeds?

You know, so I can harbor high hopes of planting them and growing my very own pumpkin in my backyard. It could happen. One day...

YOUR pumpkin looks great. Too bad its lot in life is to see the end of a hammer. ;)

Anonymous said...

Your kids are the cutest thing. Actually your daughters are quite beautiful.

We actually ate pumpkin the other day (not a pie) at our Australian friends home. It was yummy. Kinda like "not sweet" sweet potato. How's that for vague. :)

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Loved the costumes!
I could never pull it together enough to see a pumpkin all the way through from seed to pie either. Have a wonderful time at your pumpkin smashing!

Mrs. Darling said...

I love the bit of reality...the seeds rotting in the fridge! LOL
Such is life. Love the pics.

Chelle said...

Cute costumes! I meant to roast our pumpkin seeds, but they also rotted. We're carving jack-o-lanterns tomorrow...I think I'll save myself the time and effort, and just chuck them in the garbage right away. :-)

Melissa Stover said...

cute costumes!
i want to grow pumpkins.

Halfmoon Girl said...

Your rotting pumpkin seeds make me feel better. I have my turkey broth still sitting in my fridge from our Thanksgiving almost a month ago. I was going to be so thrifty and use it for so much! Now it is just sitting in a large red pot, taking up most of my fridge- I can't bring myself to throw it out!