CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 4, 2008

School, Politics, and Bad Behavior

I have been trying to post for days, but I never seem to accomplish it, but, here I am! I have so many posts in my head... I really don't know where to start.

Let's see, maybe I'll just post about what I've been up to.

The kids started ps yesterday. Honestly... I love it. So far I'm quite happy they are in school. They had a great first week, my house is clean, I've joined the gym, went out to breakfast with my husband, AND read a book. Maybe it's just the "honeymoon phase" but oh, what a honeymoon!


  1. The one negative is that my 9 year old daughter has a liberal Buddhist teacher (the only non Christian teacher in the school). She thinks he's insane. I tried to explain to her that a large portion of the world believes like him, but she's her Momma's daughter... and lacks tolerance. My kids all sport their Vote for Huckabee 2008 pins (no I didn't tell them to do this) so I imagine it's only a matter of time before the "political views hit the fan".

2. I'm getting ready to start a new blog (in addition to this one). It's called "Housewife for Huckabee". Cute! I figure most of you would quickly tire of my political rantings, so I thought I'd post those thoughts elsewhere. I'll give you the link once it's up and running.


3. Our Christmas was great. My husband got me the same thing I got him, a weekend away! Isn't that a great coincidence! We just got back from the first mini vacation last weekend. He took me to a ski resort town. We hiked, and shopped, and ate, and listened to live music. It was a total throw back to our younger days. A funny thing happened (or maybe not so funny). After dinner we walked back to the hotel and I had a little too much wine (now before you think I'm a lush, I need to state that I almost NEVER drink, and my overindulgence was ONLY two glasses) anyway, back to my story. So, we were in a fancy hotel with a huge staircase that took us upstairs from the dining room. I don't know if it was the heels, or the wine, but I fell "UP" the stairs. I thought it was so funny that I couldn't stop laughing (that WAS the wine). To make a long story short, one of my husbands clients was there and went up to say hi. She took one look at me and said to the people around her, "this is my banker, but I don't know if this is his wife, or his mistress". OUCH! Talk about girls behaving badly. You'd think I'd be safe to goof in another town, but nope. People know my husband EVERYWHERE! On the bright side, my husband thought it was hysterical. I guess if he doesn't care, why should I? No more wine for Karlie.

I think that should do it for now. I could write more, but now that I've talked politics, bragged about gym time, and embarrassed myself, this post feels complete. ~K

14 comments:

javamamma said...

Good to hear from ya again. Hooray for new year's and new beginnings. Blessings!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Your so real- I like that. Breakfast out with my hubby- that is one of my favorite things that we never do! Glad things are going well for the kids- hope that continues. Where are you and your hubby going to next?

carrie said...

*giggles* My husband introduces me as his younger girlfriend ;) We are 6 years apart BUT I look WAAAAAAAY younger than him...

Glad the kiddos are doing well.

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh how funny! Sounds liek you had a good time though.

IM so glad things are working out with the public school. Enjoy yourself!

Anonymous said...

I am the same way- two drinks is my limit...it's all giggles for me after that! My husband always tells people I'm a cheap date!

Anonymous said...

I am trying to email you but it's not working. I wanted to ask you about someone I heard on GodTube. Can you message me or try and email me? I would love to get your thoughts.
:>Michelle
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/seekingjesusnteachingkids/

Stacey said...

I need to know what you replied to the lady at the hotel! Idk, I think I'd claim mistress and deck her! But I'm so glad you had a grand time, I envy you that! xo

Anonymous said...

Ok, I will try not to covet your time in the gym. Have fun!

Shari

ByHISgoodGrace said...

Oh my goodness, that is crazy! That mistress comment seems a little misplaced but what can you do?

I am surprised that you know the teacher is a liberal buddhist. Maybe we're different here in the New England, but I couldn't begin to give you a clue as to what teachers' religions are in the schools except if they mention their children going to events or something.

Jenny86753oh9 said...

You husband sounds like he's got a good sense of humor. And you too, of course.

I can't wait for my youngest to start school...I can't imagine what that would feel like.

Christin said...

You sound good!

...and your husband sounds so laidback. Some people need to learn to loosen up. Take the permanent wedgey out, you know? ;)

Chelle said...

I'm glad to hear your first week went well.

I can SO relate to everybody knowing your husband. The whole town, and a lot of the neighboring towns know Jeremy, or so it seems. And they all seem to know me too...I feel like I'm always on display or something. LOL

EE said...

So glad you're back!
LOL! That's too funny!

Scott McLean said...

Hi, You seem like a very nice lady. I got here by way of another blog and feel you are a very kind individual. Well, Huckabee is a good candidate, but I am a Democrat. I'm a moderate and worked on a few campaigns in Oregon. God bless you this year and always!!!

Scott