CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Barack Hussein Obama

I know, I said I'd get a new blog going for my political rantings. I have yet to get around to it, but I felt it very important to share some information with you.


More and more I am hearing fellow Christians buzzing about "Obama". Excited by the media hype and promises of change and unity, they are quick to support... before they look at the facts.


Who is this man Barack Obama? He seems so popular with the voters with a win in the Iowa caucus and now looks to be taking New Hampshire. With his eloquent way of speaking, to his attractive smile, this man seems to be taking America by storm. So what does he want to change? What is this man all about? I decided to do some research and was quite disturbed by what I found. I fear that people will be so easily swayed by his appearance, and his promises of a new America and will fail to look at where he stands on the issues.


There has been both truth and lies about Obama. After researching it, I am VERY confident that the voting records and facts I have below are truth.


Now I understand that I have a few Liberal readers. I'm sure to you, these things below are positives, but to those of us who take a Christian fundelmentlist stance, the prospect of having someone like Obama as our president is terrifying. See for yourself:



Barack Obama on Abortion

Voted against banning partial birth abortion. (Oct 2007)
Stem cells hold promise to cure 70 major diseases. (Aug 2007)
Trust women to make own decisions on partial-birth abortion. (Apr 2007)
Extend presumption of good faith to abortion protesters. (Oct 2006)
Constitution is a living document; no strict constructionism. (Oct 2006)
Pass the Stem Cell Research Bill. (Jun 2004)
Protect a woman's right to choose. (May 2004)
Supports Roe v. Wade. (Jul 1998)
Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
Rated 0% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-choice stance. (Dec 2006)


Barack Obama on Civil Rights

Being gay or lesbian is not a choice. (Nov 2007)
The politics of fear undermines basic civil liberties. (Oct 2007)
Ok to expose 6-year-olds to gay couples; they know already. (Sep 2007)
Has any marriage broken up because two gays hold hands? (Aug 2007)
We need strong civil unions, not just weak civil unions. (Aug 2007)
Legal rights for gays are conferred by state, not by church. (Aug 2007)
Disentangle gay rights from the word "marriage". (Aug 2007)
Gay marriage is less important that equal gay rights. (Aug 2007)
Gay rights movement is somewhat like civil rights movement. (Aug 2007)
Let each denominations decide on recognizing gay marriage. (Jul 2007)
Put the Confederate flag in a museum, not the state house. (Apr 2007)
Supports health benefits for gay civil partners. (Oct 2006)
Muslim heritage gives Obama unique influence in Muslim world. (Oct 2006)
Politicians: don't use religion to insulate from criticism. (Apr 2004)
Supports affirmative action in colleges and government. (Jul 1998)
Include sexual orientation in anti-discrimination laws. (Jul 1998)
Miscegenation a felony in 1960 when Obamas practiced it. (Aug 1996)
Voted NO on recommending Constitutional ban on flag desecration. (Jun 2006)
Voted NO on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
Rated 89% by the HRC, indicating a pro-gay-rights stance. (Dec 2006)
Rated 100% by the NAACP, indicating a pro-affirmative-action stance. (Dec 2006)


Barack Obama on Drugs
2001: questions harsh penalties for drug dealing. (Oct 2007)
Do not lower drinking age from 21 to 18. (Sep 2007)
Smokes cigarettes now; smoked some pot in high school. (Feb 2007)
Admitted marijuana use in high school & college. (Jan 2007)

Barack Obama on Families and Children

FactCheck: 'Sex Ed for Kindergarten' means 'age-appropriate'. (Jul 2007)



Barack Obama on AIDS


We need condom distribution to deal with the scourge of AIDS. (Aug 2007)
Homophobia prevents talking about HIV/AIDS. (Jun 2007)
Got tested for AIDS, with wife, in public, in Kenya. (Jun 2007)

Barack Obama on Immigration


FactCheck: Lightning IS likelier than employer prosecution. (Nov 2007)
Pathway to citizenship, but people have to earn it. (Aug 2007)
Give immigrants who are here a rigorous path to citizenship. (Jun 2007)
Extend welfare and Medicaid to immigrants. (Jul 1998)
Voted NO on declaring English as the official language of the US government. (Jun 2007)

Barack Obama on Principles & Values


Don't know if life beyond earth; focus on life here on earth. (Oct 2007)
Real estate deal with felon was "boneheaded" but ethical. (Oct 2007)
I'm a big believer in the separation of church and state. (Apr 2004)


This is just a small portion of his liberal voting record. Don't be fooled. Barack Obama will NOT be unifying both parties. He in NO WAY supports our Christian views. I believe the 2008 election is extremely pivitol for our Christian rights, as well as the moral direction of our country. Our country has rested in the prosperity of our Christian heritage... I fear our nations fate as we continue to wallow in moral decline.


As Christians we all need to intercede in prayer. We also need to be wise and KNOW what issues our candidates support. We DO have a responsibility as Christians to be politically informed, and support our fellow Christians who will bring the RIGHT kind of change. I for one will be spending much time on my knees in prayer during this election process.


OK, I've ranted! Would someone please tag me or something so I can have something light and fluffy to write about? Really, a good post about what color of crayon I would be is just what I need! ~K


PS. My spell check isn't working.... don't judge my lack of spelling ability too harshly ( ;

13 comments:

javamamma said...

OK, I'm the a-political one BUT Obama's biggest negative? He's a Muslim. Or atleast raised one. Christians, beware. This man would turn our nation into a Muslim one and most of us may be axed. Really.

MyKidsMom said...

I'm glad to hear/read someone talking about this. The conservative people I know just don't want Hillary in- I don't either, but I think Obama could be as bad or worse. I have promised my mentor I won't get political on my blog, but that's going to be hard to keep. Maybe I'll just come here and enjoy your rants vicariously. Lol Keep up the good job!

Halfmoon Girl said...

I am not up on all your candidates, but we do here quite a bit up here about you all from our media (which is very liberal for the most part). Since I knew Oprah backs Obama, I was pretty sure he wouldn't be some one who shared my values. This confirms it.

Anonymous said...

He has my vote!

Stacey said...

I'm quite impressed with this post. And I appreciate the information you've taken the time to gather. He scares me silly, I will join you in prayer. I'm a little tired of my friends being afraid to oppose him lest the appear 'racist'. Well done.

Anonymous said...

He DOES NOT HAVE my VOTE!
Abortion a "choice"...guess he's glad his mother 'chose' LIFE!
Don't EVEN get me started!
Keep writing girl, I'm listening.

ByHISgoodGrace said...

I appreciate all your research on him. Although I'm a little troubled by the fact you stated regarding: when his parents married it was illegal. Yes, interracial marriage was illegal in half the states in this country at that time. It's hard to believe that it wasn't until 1970 that racist laws like that were done away with. I was just wondering why you chose to include that fact.
I think it's awesome that you are so politically minded and want to get the word out. I personally feel like it is a privilege to be able to vote--so many women fought very hard for us to have that privilege--at one time it would have been illegal for us to do that.

ConservaChick said...

Katie,
Hmm, what are you trying to imply?

When I first wrote this post I had a more "complete" voting record, but I decided to remove a good portion of the post (and left his more negative aspects)because it was far to wordy... and I thought my point would get lost in it. I must have overlooked that one because it mentioned the Obama's practicing felonies. I have NO issues over inter racial marriage. The reason I won't suppport Obama has nothing to do with race (or his parents), but with the fact that he supports things that are in direct opposition to my Christian faith.

ByHISgoodGrace said...

Hello.
I want to apologize if the way I worded anything sounded as if I was implying anything. When I wrote "I was wondering why..." I sincerely meant..."I was wondering why..." I wasn't trying to imply anything, I was really genuinely asking why it was included. No underlying anything, that's not my style.

I agree with you and am glad to know much of your research--
I really didn't know a lot about Obama before reading your info.
In all honesty I was just thrown by the info about his parents and when people read things like that (it did come across as that being a reason not to vote for him) I think many people will tend to dismiss everything else that's said. And, I think a lot of what you have shared is very important.
Thank you for your explanation.
I really appreciate your blog.

Robin said...

Fred Thompson is the only real Reagan conservative running-Huckabee is liberal in financial issues, Fred is the better choice!

ConservaChick said...

Good thing I could care less about being a real Reagan conservative! Honestly, being a Republican, or even a conservative does not define me.... being a Christian does! I don't always agree with Republicans... but I never agree with the Democrats! Abortion and sanctity of marriage shadow my feelings on tax cuts. Oh, and by the way, Fred Thompson never once voted for Reagan! I have no loyalty to my party... only to my God!

Gombojav Tribe said...

I recently blogged about Obama, too.

http://gombojav.blogspot.com/2008/01/blog-o-week_12.html

If one more person says they are voting for him based on his likeability, it's going to drive me crazy!

Thanks for blogging this!

Gombojav Tribe said...

I linked and quoted you on a post yesterday. Just thought I'd let you know!

http://gombojav.blogspot.com/2008/02/warning-political-talk.html