CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Post For Gayle

So, the kids are only in school 3 days and it snows. I don't mean a little dusting, but big chunks of cold wet fluff falling from the sky at record speed. I got a call from the school bus driver at 6:00 this morning to tell me she wasn't coming. An hour later all the schools closed for the day.

My oldest daughter awoke to the phone call, took one look outside and screamed "nooooooo" She obviously likes school. She moped most of the day about being confined yet one more day in the house.

My 7 year old son then woke up saw the snow and said "good, I think I'm done going to school anyway". Uh, don't think so buddy.

Then out came my 9 yr old daughter "yeah, snow.. lets go wake up G*** (my little guy). So we crawl next to him in bed and she whispers "bunny my honey (her nickname for him) it's snowing, get up and we can play in the snow! WAIT I SMELL POOP! Bunny my Honey? Did you poop your pants?" He opens sits up, sticks his hand down his jammies and says "nope I had a poopy fart, and it burned like fire." (Gayle... that one's for you).

I whisked him off to bath to get cleaned up as he continued to explain the "poopy fart" saga. "Mom, I poopy farted in your bed too... and at school.... and I think I've got another one coming!"

So much for a fun snow day. My snow day turned into laundry day, and my sweet little boy had to stay inside to recover from his "issues".

9 comments:

Gayle said...

I love that poop makes you think of me! I think I need to work on a new image.

And how cute is that little nickname "bunny my hunny"? Love that!

Melissa Stover said...

i could hardly tell if i was reading your blog or gayle's :)

javamamma said...

Yikes. Sorry about the laundry. Sounds like otherwise things would be going ok. :)

His Girl said...

something about the word fart that turns me into a giggly 12 year old boy!

haha


sorry about your mess!

Halfmoon Girl said...

poopy burning farts! How exciting for a little boy! Mine would be impressed!

Mrs. Darling said...

how cute. But poor little boy, what an issue to have.

We would love a snow day around here!

Stacey said...

Haha, that's hilarious! I'm sorry about your day, though. xoxo

candi said...

Thats too funny!!! Sorry about the "pooping issues"
I always say I will take ear infections, strep, even mono over anything that causes fluids to spew or even leak out of the body!!! A good fever is always preferable over uncontrollable leakage of feces:)

EE said...

LOL!!!! I love a good poop post!