CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Detox and Nibbles

I'm on day 5 of sugar detox, and still plugging along. No, I have had not ONE bite of sugar or refined flour. YEAH!
I even went to a dinner party on Saturday with homemade truffles. I almost broke, especially because it was a "lobster and shell fish party" (I know, I should like it, but I start to stare at the stuff and begin to wonder what type of it's innards I'm eating, or if I'm eating the head or the butt and I just can't) so, I was STARVING!
Yup, it sucks, BUT I am feeling SO much better. SO SO SO SO SO much better. I did go a little psycho on unsweetened banana chips this morning, but hey, it could have been worse.

On another totally off the subject note, my son informed me yesterday after wrestling with his brother that his "nibble" hurt. I asked him what on earth a nibble was. He looked all embarrassed and said "you know mom, it's my man boobs." HA...

8 comments:

His Girl said...

THREE CHEERS FOR SELF CONTROL!!! way to go!!!

EEEEMommy said...

Ditto the self-control kudos!!!
LOL about the "nibble." ;)

Growin' With It said...

nibble...now that's a cute one!

Anonymous said...

Where do boys come up with this stuff. Too funny. I have heard some funny ones around here too.
:>Michelle

Halfmoon Girl said...

You are doing so awesome. I am going to join you- I fell off the no sugar wagon a couple of weeks ago. clapping for you! Hope the nibble is feeling better.

javamamma said...

You're awesome! Now that ChoctoberFest is over, I gotta do somethin'. Ugh.

Becky said...

Nibble...Bwahahaha!!!

Good for you, not caving.

Yeah, I can't do the shellfish either. Ugh. Not after going to a zoo display where they were categorized with other 'bugs' just of the underwater variety. Blech.

Anonymous said...

Good for you. I tried to diet and it lasted a week....I should rather just go back to the gym